AFL Power Poll Week 1
(CURRENT) (TEAM) (W/L RECORD) (LAST WEEKS RANK)
1) Colorado Crush (0-0) Hard not to keep the supreme AFL champs at the head of the rundown in the wake of winning everything last season in just the third year of the establishment’s presence. With 17 of 20 back from last season’s program, search for the Crush to be a significant player in the forthcoming effort. EA sports AFL 2006 spread kid, QB John Dutton, has returned to lead a strong assault with the assistance of OS Damian Harr 122BET ell, WR’s Kevin McKenzie, Willis Marshall, Andy McCullough, and new expansion Evan Hlavacek. The resistance is as yet a reason for concern however as it was one of the most noticeably awful in the group a season prior.
2) Georgia Force (0-0) HC Doug Plank and his staff return in 2006 alongside huge numbers of the players that added to their 11-5 imprint. Back is QB Matt Nagy whose falling off his record breaking ’05 crusade alongside recently assigned OS Chris Jackson and WR/LB Derek “Infant Moss” Lee who got some time in the genius positions this past slow time of year on the Chicago Bears practice crew. Nonetheless, a couple of key fixings are feeling the loss of this current year and it will be intriguing to perceive how the new folks perform. In any case, the Force gloat perhaps the best line in the business and it will keep the ArenaBowl other participants in the blend throughout the entire season.
3) Philadelphia Soul (0-0) There’s not a solitary uncertainty in my psyche that if the Soul remain sound this forthcoming season the third time will be the appeal for the Soul to get a season finisher birth. I can’t accept how stacked this crew is on the two sides of the ball! We as a whole think about their incredible offense from a year prior drove by QB Tony Graziani and organization, however it’s the augmentations on barrier that persuade the rocker fellow in that business from a year back in Vegas may be lifting the equipment in ’06. The deluge of ability and information from Orlando this past slow time of year is truly going to pay off.
4) Nashville Kats (0-0) The resurrection of the Kats last season saw them get looking awful so far, however a six-game series of wins to close has them ready to be a title competitor in ’06. HC Pat Sperduto essentially comprehends the stuff to win in this alliance, and the Kats had by a long shot the best slow time of year of some other club. The Kats are stacked on the line, have outstanding amongst other WR corps in the game, perhaps the best FB/LB corps ever, and not too bad QB play. There’s ability at each position on the field, and they’re trained by one of the games best. No one needs to arrange against this bundle this season, and the Kats will be a completely unsanitary rival.
5) Tampa Bay Storm (0-0) HC Tim Marcum and the Storm enter 2006 looking for their 6th ArenaBowl title, and they accept they have the instruments to take care of business. The offense is a startling unit. It arrived at the midpoint of 57 PPG a year prior at home, and acquired super WR/DB Bobby Sippio to add to its powerful assault this past slow time of year. Search for QB Shane Stafford to possibly top last season’s vainglorious numbers TD/INT proportion of 83/14). What stresses me here is the protection as a couple of key pinions to their past progress have since left. The Storm will be an extremely intense out once the new folks gel with the pillars, and will undoubtedly give Georgia everything they could need and the sky is the limit from there.
6) Chicago Rush (0-0) Last season’s exit from the AFL Playoffs in the since regarded “Confetti Game” was an intense pill to swallow for Rush country. Regardless, the viewpoint in 2006 searches splendid for HC Mike Hohensee as Chicago is stacked at pretty much every position heading into the 2006 season. The principle question mark stays at the QB position as previous field general Raymond Philyaw’s ongoing series of wounds shielded the front office from making good on expanding his agreement. Rather, the Rush got rapid QB Michael Bishop over from the division rival Rampage and expectation the instructing staff can cure his present passing mechanics. On the off chance that he settles in easily, anticipate that Chicago should arrive at the second season for the 6th consecutive year and thump the monkey that has been the American Conference Final away from them for the last time.
7) San Jose Sabercats (0-0) Last season’s ahead of schedule round exit in the post-season was sufficient to make the Sabercats front office choose to blend things up a piece this past slow time of year. The vast majority of the ordinary backbones are back, yet they’ve retooled on the two sides of the ball. HC Darren Arbet needed to return to a greater degree a raving success mouth sort of play to commend QB Mark Grieb’s passing assault and went out and snatched two of the associations better FB/LB’s in Phil Glover and Ja’Mar Toombs. The Sabercats will sincerely miss the administrations of all everything Rashied Davis, however ability is close by and there’s consistently the dependable James Roe to rely on when things get tight.
8) Dallas Desperados (0-0) It was incredibly hard to introduce the Despo’s this low on the symbol survey, however even with all that ability they need to give me they’re not a similar group that submitted various blockhead punishments and missteps all through the whole 2006 season. The portion of QB Clint Dolezel ought to go rather easily as he is very brave time studs to toss to in OS Jason Shelley and WR’s Will Pettis and Dialleo Burks. He’s additionally got a running assault that should be regarded with FB/LB Duke Pettijohn carrying the stone. Dallas could burst out of the entryways at 5-0, which would truly introduce certainty into what could be an exceptionally perilous crew.
9) New York Dragons (0-0) The Dragons won its third Eastern Division title last season with a strong 10-6 imprint, however the way that no other group in the East tested for a season finisher spot says a lot for how awful the division truly was. QB Aaron Garcia set forth another fine battle, and the Dragons offense seems to be probably the best unit the class brings to the table this season. Be that as it may, the guard is another story. It’s been totally retooled and will end up being their Achilles heel. Focuses won’t be difficult to find for the Dragons, yet constraining adversaries to score one more may be.